Olive Oil Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake 25-30 min
you can use 1/3 blood orange olive oil
1/3 reg olive oil for a milder flavor
2 egg yolk
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup blood orange or lemon extra virgin olive oil (see note below)
4 tablespoons amaretto
2/3 cup cornmeal (finely ground)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Toasted pine nut or sliced almonds
1. Place eggs and yolks into bowl mixer. Whip at height speed until thick and pale, about 3 min.
2. Add sugar, still whipping until mixture has tripled in volume, about 2 min.
3. Pour in oil and amaretto, still whipping until incorporated.
4. Sift together cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold into batter.
5. Scrape batter into an oiled 10 in. Springform pan.
6. Scatter toasted nuts over batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool on rack for 5 min. Release sides of spring form pan.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.